awkward to AWESOME
Ten Things School Leaders Do to Kill a Teacher's Enthusiasm for Technology
Tech & Learning recently posted the article From the Principal's Office: 10 Things School Leaders Do to Kill a Teacher's Enthusiasm for Technology, from J. Robinson:
- Mandate the use of technologies or specific programs.
- Use inadequate, faulty or overzealous web filtering systems that block sites teachers want to use.
- Provide inadequate or sloppy tech support systems.
- Provide inadequate funding.
- Fail to provide adequate hardware and/or software.
- Purchase hardware or software after a sales pitch rather than considering staff needs.
- Fail to be enthusiastic about technology use themselves.
- Refuse to use technology themselves.
- Fail to provide training and additional resources needed for tech implementation.
- Use test scores as the only measure of successful technology implementation.