awkward to AWESOME
Ten Things School Leaders Do to Kill a Teacher's Enthusiasm for Technology
27 Mar Posted by Kristi Gottwalt in technology adoption curve
Tech & Learning recently posted the article From the Principal's Office: 10 Things School Leaders Do to Kill a Teacher's Enthusiasm for Technology, from J. Robinson:
- Mandate the use of technologies or specific programs.
- Use inadequate, faulty or overzealous web filtering systems that block sites teachers want to use.
- Provide inadequate or sloppy tech support systems.
- Provide inadequate funding.
- Fail to provide adequate hardware and/or software.
- Purchase hardware or software after a sales pitch rather than considering staff needs.
- Fail to be enthusiastic about technology use themselves.
- Refuse to use technology themselves.
- Fail to provide training and additional resources needed for tech implementation.
- Use test scores as the only measure of successful technology implementation.
All of these enthusiasm killers affect different groups along the technology adoption curve and can be detrimental to your technology implementation. Learn more about what to do--and what to avoid--to make sure each segment is fully engaged in making your technology implementation a success! Download our free poster, "The Technology Adoption Curve in Education" to avoid the pitfalls that could doom a technology initiative.
1:1 initiatives 21st Century Skills Atomic Assist Atomic Integrate Atomic Learning Big Idea Workshops classroom classroom application Common Core State Standards Common Core State Standards Conferences Customer Support e-learning edtech ed tech education technology educator educators effective PD eLearning Developers free resources funding I AM [an educator] implementation infographic iPad ISTE K-12 mobile initiatives mobile learning Mobile Learning new online PD professional development projects school leaders Special Education & Assistive Technology Spotlight student achievement teacher PD teachers teaching tech integration technology adoption curve technology integration training tutorials video webinar winner